Are you planning to incorporate marble into your home or design project? Look no further than Carrara marble. This stunning natural stone, quarried in the mountains of Tuscany, Italy, has been prized for centuries for its intricate veining and pure white color.
In this guide, we will cover everything you need to know about Carrara marble whether you’re a designer, homeowner, or just a marble enthusiast, this guide is a must-read. Read on to know more in detail to have an overall better understanding!
Various Types of Carrara Marble- Points To Note
- Carrara Marble Tiles: Carrara marble tiles can be used for the floors of bedrooms, living rooms, kitchens, bathrooms, and shower areas. The tiles can also cover bathroom walls and decorate kitchen backsplashes, and fireplace surrounds.
- Carrara Marble Pavers: Marble pavers, such as those made of Carrara, are typically used to decorate outdoor spaces, including patios, pool decks, gazebos, fountains, garden pathways, stepping stones, walkways, courtyards, and driveways. Pavers made of Carrara marble frequently cover fire pits and retaining walls.
- Carrara Marble Slabs: Slabs of Carrara marble are typically used for stair treads and bathroom or kitchen surfaces. The kitchen countertops can be fitted as standard counters and cover the kitchen island.
Types of Carrara Marble- Points To Note
- Carrara White Marble: White Carrara marble is further divided into varieties based on white paint and other properties. The thin, homogenous, and compact grain, which has a high concentration of calcium carbonate and a low refractive index, is the defining feature of white Carrara marble. This final component enables the stone to have a unique sheen that can provide significant brightness to the rooms and spaces where it is inserted; as a result, marble bathrooms are among the most popular choices for creating a lovely and practical room for cleaning.
- Statuario Marble Is One Of The Most Expensive Types Of Marble: Statuary Carrara marble is a first-choice material available on the market in small amounts and is, therefore, highly desired for luxury homes. This slab of Carrara marble is separated into statuario Venato and Statuario Extra, which vary in the thickness of the veins, depending on the type of grain present in the stone.
- Calacatta Marble:Another white Carrara marble variant. Calacatta marble has a variety of fundamental natural hues that give it the appearance of a cultured stone. The three main features of the Calcutta Marble are the delicate texture, warm white background, and dark grey veins.
- Bardiglio Marble: Another stone with a compact look and wonderful grain, Bardiglio marble is taken out of the Carrara marble quarry and has a predominately-dark grey background. This kind of stone is frequently used to create Carrara marble walls, floors, and showers, all of which can add a touch of elegance to the space.
Carrara Marble Cleaning And Maintenance Tips:
When it comes to Carrara marble, one should note that such type of marble is prone to damage over time, primarily if handled carelessly, like all other natural stones. However, there is a reasonable probability that you will be able to maintain the flawless appearance of your Carrara marble if you are conscientious about cleaning and upkeep. Here are some pointers to keep your Marble in prime condition:
- Regular Care: If you want to maintain your Carrara marbles to appear immaculate and pristine, regular maintenance is a need. The most straightforward approach to keep it free of dirt and grime is to clean it with warm water and a suitable detergent. Look for an excellent detergent made especially for cleaning marble-related items.
- Sealing; You Should use a high sealant to seal your Carrara marble at least three to five times per year. Almost all naturally occurring porous stones in construction or architecture require an adhesive. In this way, bond helps Marble last longer while maintaining its lovely beauty.
- Polishing; Polishing is a great way to maintain the smoothness and brilliance of your Carrara Marble. It’s also a terrific trick to smooth any roughness on the Marble’s surface.
Conclusion: Not only does Carrara marble have the power to transform a room into a work of art with its marble magnificence, but it also comes with a price tag that is far less than that of other white marble varieties.