With age, health begins to decline and memory also becomes shorter. This is because the brain shows signs of aging and doesn’t work as well anymore. However, we can completely overcome this, improve brain health with 7 ways to enhance memory for the brain finally below.
Get enough sleep
Sleep is not only a time for the body to eliminate toxins but rest internal organs. But also a precious time to recharge the brain and help the brain perform its screening and regeneration functions memory.
When you experience deep and seamless sleep, your mind will be full of comfortable energy. Your brain will be more active and receive and process information quickly. Since then, memory has also improved a lot. It is easy to see that people who do not sleep enough or do not sleep deeply have shorter-term memory, mood swings, and irritability.
In particular, napping for about 15-30 minutes a day helps the brain temporarily rest and recharge. Thereby eliminating negative memories and increasing the ability to remember information. For adults, it is best to ensure a full 8 hours of sleep every day.
The daily exercise routine is very good for your health. The process of exercise helps blood circulate throughout the body quickly, pumping blood and oxygen to the brain. Helping the brain to increase activity and enhance memory.
Moreover, thanks to exercising, the risk of diseases. Such as heart attack, atherosclerosis, high blood pressure, or diabetes is also reduced. These are indirect causes of Alzheimer’s disease – Memory loss in the elderly.
When exercising, the body also produces many hormones to support the exercise process. Certain hormones are specifically able to enhance memory by acting on the hippocampus. This is the area of the brain that is responsible for learning and remembering information.
You can do aerobics, go to the gym, do yoga or play sports. Just regular daily exercise can prevent many dangerous diseases, including dementia, forgetfulness.
Food supplement to enhance memory
It is impossible not to mention food and diet when it comes to ways to boost memory for the brain. The foods you eat play a huge role in providing energy and nutrients to your brain.
Therefore, if we want to increase memory, we need to prioritize foods with good nutrients for the brain. Helping the brain stays healthy and work more efficiently.
Some foods are good for memory:
- Fatty Fish: Fatty fish is a good source of natural Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3s play an important role in enhancing memory and improving mood, as well as protecting your brain against aging. In addition, you can also supplement this nutrition through dried nuts or fish oil tablets.
- Coffee: A drink that can help boost alertness. The active ingredients in this drink like caffeine or antioxidants have been shown to fight the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are rich in anthocyanins, which are a group of plant compounds with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects that may slow brain aging, reduce the likelihood of neurodegenerative diseases, and reduce the risk of neurodegenerative diseases. improve memory.
- Turmeric: Turmeric has the active compound curcumin, which has anti-inflammatory properties, reducing symptoms of depression and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Broccoli: This food is rich in vitamin K. This is a fat-soluble vitamin, which is essential for the formation of sphingolipids. A type of fat that can feed brain cells positively. Some studies show that getting enough vitamin K each day enhances short-term memory.
- Oranges: Fresh oranges provide a lot of vitamin C for the body. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant, so eating lots of oranges and getting plenty of vitamin C will help you fight free radicals that can damage brain cells. In addition, bell peppers, guava, kiwi, tomatoes, and strawberries are also rich in vitamin C.
- Olive Oil: This is the core food that makes up the Mediterranean menu. The menu is known to be good for memory. This oil contains a compound called Oleocanthal. This substance can prevent abnormal changes in proteins that cause Alzheimer’s disease.
Regularly practice brain training exercises and games
Usually, children often play brain training games for brain development and memory enhancement such as lego, learning vocabulary. This method is completely applicable to adults. When learning or playing, information is received and forms cortical pathways.
Therefore, the more this action is repeated. The more the cerebral cortex is stimulated to develop and help to remember more. You can practice playing simple brain games like Sudoku, do jigsaw puzzles, or try learning a new language.
Stress not only makes health worse, but memory also declines. Brain cells are damaged by prolonged stress, which affects hippocampus function and results in memory impairment. So don’t let yourself fall into prolonged stress or depression. These mental illnesses are also very dangerous to overall health.
To relieve stress and fatigue, you can look to meditation or yoga. Simply listen to music, do the things you love and always positively think things.
Cultivate the habit of reading books
Reading is an action that can stimulate thinking and imagination. Enhance the ability to receive and remember the information of brain cells.
In addition, reading also increases concentration, mental stimulation and strengthens the connection of neurons.
You should develop the habit of reading books every day. This is also better for your eyes and sleep than using electronic devices before bed.
Use functional foods
Currently, on the market, many functional foods help improve memory. Extracted from natural ingredients with effective effects in stimulating. As well as reducing stress for the brain, you can consider using it.
If you want to own quality functional foods with many price incentives, you can have many economical shopping solutions for these products such as using discount codes, coupons from reputable websites, moreover, very quality. When you’ll receive the discount it will make you surprise, especially on major holidays. Occasions of the year such as Black Friday, Christmas Sale, …
Above are 7 of the best memory boosters for the brain. Hopefully, this notice will help you proactively protect brain health, hold brain life safely and effectively.